Sunday, August 13, 2017

Subculture by Anastasia Beverly Hills: Review 8/14/17

Hi folks! Below are the product shots of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture eye shadow palette. Everyone and their mother has posted swatches of this palette but if anyone wants me to post some, just let me know. I Love the palette! I love the high intensity pigmentation and the fact that the tiniest bit does so much and goes so far. This is my dream palette. I do not like having to dig in to get decent color payoff and having to really layer color and pack it on to get the color in the pan. With this palette, I can touch and go. The colors all blend out seamlessly and I haven't had any issues with colors getting muddy or grey. I did not have issues with fall out either nor do I have to use special primers or bases. My usual routine/products worked just fine. Perhaps this should be marketed more towards professional make up artists. I wish all palettes were like this. How I went in with this palette is how I start off with any palette, adding small amounts. This was everything I hoped it would be. You don't have to be heavy handed with it. You build up as needed. (I wish they weren't going to change it. Norvina said they were looking into getting it pressed harder as a response to all the complaints she has been bombarded with.)  Honestly, I wish all palettes had this much pigmentation. I am THAT happy with it. No, this won't be for everyone but I have no regrets with this purchase. Those are just my thoughts on it.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


 As far as the controversy, there have been many who have reported the shadows oxidizing, tons of fall out or kick back, the colors turning muddy or grey in tone, and even being unblendable once applied to the lid. I did experience some of the kick back, meaning the powder gets loose easily with a touch of the brush. That being said, a lot of the ABH palettes (and other brands) I have also have kick back.  When this happens, I typically just pick up the product that has loosened with my brush and apply that without having to really go back into the pan to pick up pigment more intensely (hope that makes sense).  I know some really famous and well known people were very unhappy with it. However, some really talented artists have created beautiful looks with this, as well. It is easy to jump on the "I hate it" bandwagon. I feel that many who have not even tried it are commenting that it is not good without actually giving it a fair chance for themselves.  Those who are commenting that they hate it and it is not good without even giving it a chance, going so far as bashing the brand and it's creators have taken things way too far, even attacking those who love and enjoy it for not having the same opinion.  I really think opinions should be shared based on experience with use.  I read some were afraid to share their thoughts and it really broke my heart.  It you like it, say you like it.  If it is not for you, then it is simply not for you.  There is no need for attacking artists for whatever opinion they have.  Truly, the only way to know if a product will work for you is to give it a chance.  There are so many that we have come to trust and respect their opinions and use their recommendations when picking out a product to try out.  There will be times when we 100% agree with their thoughts and times when we won't.  That doesn't mean they are liars or being sponsored every single time.  We need to keep in mind that they are people, too, and treat them like we would want to be treated.  Yes, some are sponsored and I know it is difficult to know who is sincere and who isn't.  If something interests you, if you are able, check it out in person.  If not, ask questions to those who have tried it.  Ask for details.  You can tell when someone really is passionate about a product based on their replies.  I know I sound pretty preachy but after reading so many things, I wanted to address it on my page.

As always, I invite you to comment below on the palette and the controversy.  I enjoy hearing your thoughts and look forward to chatting about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.