Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Epitome Of Class & Taste: My Dior Experience 3/29/16

Hi everyone!  Today's post is different from my typical makeup posts.  I was so inspired by today's experience that I HAD to share with you all.  The best place to start is at the beginning...

I was doing some impromptu shopping at Sephora and I spotted the Dior Diorskin Nude Air Glowing Gardens Spring 2016 Limited Edition Illuminating Powder in shade 001 Glowing Pink, used to "to bathe the face in light." For reference, as per the Dior website, the description is as follows:

"To sculpt the face with touches of light, Diorskin Nude Air Glowing Gardens draws inspiration from the technique of strobing. This powder with extremely fine illuminating pigments is embossed with a delicate floral motif."

I swatched the product and instantly felt the heavens open up and the angels sing Hallelujah!  It was just so stunningly beautiful, truly glorious.  I was completely smitten, to say the very least.  I asked one of the staff if they had any more as there were none on display.  Unfortunately, they were sold out and she recommended trying online.  I didn't think there would be an issue, believing that it was something I could easily obtain.  Boy, was I wrong.  It was completely sold out.  I searched high and low with no success.  I was really heartbroken, resolving to pay three times the price to purchase it off of someone on eBay.  The more I researched the vendors, the more I didn't want to purchase from them.

Instead, I reached out to Dior to see if the item was permanently sold out or if there was any possibility of it coming back into stock on the website.  Their reply: it was "limited edition and is no longer available," but they added that I should "periodically check www.Dior.com" for product availability online.  It was like a stab right in the gut and, needless to say, I was really bummed.

I kept checking the eBay website debating whether to buy and risk it, something I always do when not buying directly from the source.  For whatever, reason, I bookmarked the product page on the Dior website, and would check it out from time to time, just because.  I don't know what drew me to the website, but I was doing my random check and there was product in stock.  Can you imagine how quickly I checked out? I was thrilled at the possibility of potentially getting my hands on this beauty.

Once I ordered, I started wondering what if it's a glitch, or what if the product arrives and it's not what I ordered, or what if it arrives broken.  Once I received the shipping confirmation, I was on a quest to make sure it came directly to me, nervous anxiety setting in.  Shortly after that, I received an unexpected invoice for the purchase.  I found that to be quite classy and was pleasantly happy to receive the message.

Once the package arrived, I was so pleased-- more than pleased, I was ecstatic.  It arrived in a grey/silver bag that, once opened, revealed a box with only one word printed on it: Dior.  Once I opened that box, a white box with the same brand name printed on it was inside wrapped with a pink ribbon, also, with the name Dior printed on it.  I didn't recall requesting gift wrap yet the presentation was just so wonderful.  I didn't want to open it--that's how pretty I thought it was.

blenditout.blogspot.com


Alas, I had to find out whether the item inside held the key to my heart like I had hoped.  I pulled the ribbon and opened the box.  The product was wrapped in tissue paper, of course with the Dior name printed on it, and sealed with a CD label.  The product was surrounded by neatly arranged paper for protection during shipping.  And there it was, the beautiful box of glistening glory.  My new baby, exactly what I ordered, was here and it was everything, along with two samples, as well.  It arrived perfectly, my fears and paranoia vanishing into thin air.  Underneath was a gray/silver envelope with a tasteful card, the packing slip as well as return information.  (Yeah, I wasn't going to be returning anything.)

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com



After photographing everything, I swatched it and it was just as fabulous as I remembered: soft, creamy, shimmery, pigmented, easy to blend... I could go on.  I'm sure you can see how excited I was.  It was such a relief to have this beautiful illuminator, that I had been pining and swooning over for what felt like forever, here and safely in my collection.  I can't wait to wear this beautiful product!

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


I was so very pleased with the entire order in itself that I won't hesitate to order directly from Dior in the future.  They will more than likely be seeing much more of me, especially with items like this on their shelves.  The process was so much more than I expected.  It is clear that pride and care is taken in the order process.  Thank you so much Dior for going well above and beyond!  I am impressed, to say the least.

If you made it this far, thank you so much for taking the time to read my thoughts about this experience.  If there are any fellow makeup junkies wanting to share their stories, please feel free to leave them in the comments below.  I would love to hear from you all.

*Quotes are taken directly from the Dior website for reference purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.