Sunday, January 17, 2016

Mini-Review: Phyto Specific Thermoperfect 8 1/16/16

Hi guys!  I have been exploring my collection and making extra time to try out samples of different kinds of products, from masks to creams, fragrances and hair products.  With that in mind, I tried out the Phyto Specific Thermoperfect 8 Sublime Smoothing Care Heat Protecting Serum.  This is a leave-in product for all hair types that contains Keratrix, Jericho rose, and black orchid oil.  This protect is said to protect your hair at temperatures up to 450 degrees.  It is free of parabens, silicons, and mineral oils.

Noteworthy information from centerchem.com:  Keratrix™ is a restorative natural active for damaged and weakened hair. It increases hair strength and elasticity, improves dry and weak hair and repairs the damage caused by mechanical, thermal and chemical processes.

How to use this product and what to expect:  It is available at Sephora for $28 for 2.5 ounces of product.  According to the packaging, you can use one or two pumps on either damp or dry hair before heat styling.  It is supposed to be non-greasy, prevent frizz and keep your hair feeling natural and soft.

About the product: this is a lightweight creamy liquid.  As you apply it, you don't feel it heavy in your hair and it doesn't feel sticky.  It does have a fragrance but it's not excessive.

My thoughts: It was applied in my damp hair and has been blown out and flat-ironed. I do feel like my hair feels a little thicker and slightly more coarse than it normally does.  I do feel a very slight layer of oil or residue on it, as well.  (I may have used a little too much I'm afraid.)  However, I am much more sensitive to the sensation that others would be, though, with my history.  Others may not find it noticeable at all.  I noticed that the oil or residue on my fingers, after running my fingers through it, did absorb into my skin very quickly.  I didn't see any signs of frizz, it felt soft and smooth, and looked shiny.

So far, I can't complain about this and I will have it in my hair throughout the week and see if it maintains the style without incident.  I will post the results on this page so be sure to check back to find out how it worked for me.

** Update:  I am really happy after trying out this product.  I didn't have any issues maintaining my hair straight.  It didn't frizz or give me any trouble at all.  I had this product in my hair for several days without issue.  I would purchase this product when it becomes available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.