Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Blvd. Cosmetics Pro Size Brush Shampoo & Conditioner Review 10/20/15

Hi guys and dolls!  I just received the new Blvd. Cosmetics Pro Size Brush Shampoo & Conditioner, a white solid brush shampoo in a plastic container with a black twist-on lid, yesterday.  Do you hear the hallelujah in the background? Yes, guys, I have been waiting for this product.  This version is Unscented which is the only version I haven't tried previously (see my previous review here).  The Pro Size is 4 oz. and retails for $32.00 at the Blvd. Cosmetics website.  Check out the product pictures, as well as before and after makeup brush pictures, along with my complete review, below.

"Brush Shampoo-Conditioner Pro Size in unscented cleanses and moisturizes your makeup brushes leaving them smooth and vibrant, the bristles will stay healthy and last longer. Excellent for natural or synthetic brushes and beauty blenders. (Wide neck for better brush access).
Our brush shampoo is made with the finest natural oils containing antibacterial and conditioning properties. It is a great alternative to deep washing your makeup tools without alcohol and harsh chemicals. 100% Vegan and Biodegradable. *Brush Off System Attached To Inside Of Lid Included.
4oz."  --Blvd. Cosmetics website

First off, let's talk about the size.  The 4 oz. version is twice the size of the standard product and has a wider neck which absolutely does help for those larger brushes.  This container can really help the professional makeup artist and those with tons of brushes or those who prefer to wash several brushes at one time.  Another plus for the size is this product will last a long time and could easily see you through hundreds of individual brush washes, as each wash uses a minimal amount of product.  The small amount of product you use makes it worth the price of the product.

Moving along to the fragrance, the unscented formula is perfect for those who are more sensitive to fragrances and scents.  I tried to inhale the shampoo several times to see if I could get a hint of even the faintest of scent and I didn't smell a thing.  I have an extremely sensitive sense of smell, so not smelling even the slightest hint is fantastic.  It is true to what it claims.  (Something of note is that Blvd. Cosmetics is not heavy-handed with fragrances.  In the event that you do prefer a scent, you won't be overwhelmed by a strong, heavy smell.  At this time, the Pro Size is exclusively available in the unscented version.)

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


The new Brush Off System on the inside of the lid is brilliant!  With the standard Brush Shampoo, you receive a loofah ("vegetable sponge in dry form") which is included to assist in removing makeup residue.  You have to make sure to really dry this loofah or you could be looking at bacteria, so you must be mindful of that.  However, this new Brush Off System is completely different.  It is comparable to the soft side of velcro, only a million times softer.  I incorporated this to wash my brushes for this trial.  I felt like it really helped to wash my brushes and remove all makeup from the brushes with a very gentle touch.  I did feel like it took a little longer than usual to wash my brushes BUT this may have been due to my not wanting to stop lathering the product.  (Insert embarrassed face here. Lol.)  Which brings me to my next thought, the lather.  I felt like the new system really enhanced and increased the amount of lather you get from the Brush Shampoo.  Plus, I felt like it was not only aided to cleanse the bristles, it polished them as well.  It was like the bristles were being caressed by the system.  It was absolutely incredible!

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


I am really impressed by this new Pro Size Brush Shampoo & Conditioner by Blvd. Cosmetics.  They really are the best makeup brush product I have used and I very highly recommend them.  The people who produce and sell this are good people and I love to support businesses who care about their clients.  I see them having continued success with their products.  Certainly, I will be a lifetime customer.  Be sure and check out their holiday scents available very soon (November).  Thank you Blvd. Cosmetics for sending me this fantastic product!

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.