Sunday, October 18, 2015

Beautyblender Blendercleanser Solid Review 10/18/15

Hi everyone!  If you have been following my page, you know that I am obsessed with the Blvd. Cosmetics Brush Shampoo & Conditioner.  I have tried all available scents since I began using this product last year.  It has been my go-to, ride-or-die brush and sponge cleanser ever since.  Yes, folks, it's that good.  It reduced my wash time significantly.  I actually timed myself and I was able to wash a ton of brushes in very minimal time.  Unfortunately, the USPS has decided to hold my shipment hostage until this week (I hope) and so I had to resort to using another product.

I had purchased the Beautyblender Blendercleanser Solid from Sephora some time back.  It had remained unopened and unused since purchase.  I have heard people say that this is their favorite cleanser, the best of life, etc.  So, I figured I would give it a try and see if it's really as good as they say.  The packaging says "the ultimate makeup sponge and brush cleanser."  I opened up the container with the twist off lid.  So far, so good.  I smelled the product.  It smelled like regular bar soap.  Okay, not bad.  The product itself looked like plastic.  It was pure white, shiny and had a firm smooth surface consistency.  I removed the product from the container and there was a plastic piece so the product could rest and dry on it properly, without it sitting in excess water.  Nice touch, I can appreciate that.  I turned on the water, wet my first brush, and rubbed it in the cleanser.  It took quite a bit of rubbing to get product throughout the brush.  I had the Sigma Spa Glove handy and decided to use that to wash them.  The first thing I noticed was the bristles coming off my brush.  I wasn't too happy about that but I thought maybe it's the brush.  It took a considerable amount of time to wash my brush to where it was completely free of all makeup product.  I continued with the next brush and the same thing, bristles coming out and it's taking a long time.  Normally, I may lose a single bristle or two and not quite as many.  Plus, I felt like at this rate I would be washing for an hour, and I don't know about you but I don't have that kind of time.  I continued with the rest of my brushes and finally got them all done.  It took a little over an hour and more than the usual amount of water to clean everything.

My brushes don't have any kind of smell from the cleanser.  They don't smell good or bad, just like brushes.  So, for those sensitive to scents, that's a plus.  The brushes are all clean but I feel like it took a considerable amount of work (elbow grease) and time in order to complete the process than I was used to.  I had hoped that I would have the same experience as I do with Blvd. Cosmetics, get in and get out and I'm done.  If you have time to devote to cleaning your brushes, then this product does get the job done.  However, I feel like with the amount of time that it takes to get the job done, your brushes will go through a lot to get clean again and this may impact the life span of your brushes.  In the end, the product works but it won't be a staple in my life.  It will continue to be an emergency use type of product.  I anxiously await the delivery of my Blvd. Cosmetics Brush Shampoo & Conditioner, so my brush cleaning world can get back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.