Saturday, September 6, 2014

Dillard's Haul 8/26/14

Hi guys!  I wanted to share some photos of my latest Dillard's haul.  I purchased both hair and makeup products this time.  It started out as a simple salon visit and turned into a shopping event.  At the salon, I picked up a couple of Aveda products.  Lately, I have been exploring this brand and have yet to be disappointed.  (I usually stick with one brand thinking if it isn't broke, then why fix it.  Now, I am breaking out of my shell and routine and letting myself try out new things.  I am discovering so many great products and, at the same time, learning about myself.)  I find they leave my hair soft, shiny and healthy.  The products don't feel sticky or greasy in my hair, either.  They have products for all hair types.  If you haven't used Aveda before, or if it has been awhile since you last tried it, pick up a sample and see what they are all about.

The visit to the Guerlain counter was a corrective visit.  My previous shopping experience, I purchased makeup that was a shade too light.  I didn't reach for it like I should because I wasn't happy with my face looking significantly lighter than my neck.  I went back to compare the next shade up and found this was a lot closer to my skin color.  I decided I needed the powder and picked up a few other things while I was at it.  The packaging on the Meteorites is just so pretty.  I really love when manufacturers take pride in their product and make the effort to design beautiful and eye-catching packaging.  The product itself creates a subtle glow that when the light hits makes you look like you are glowing from within.  It is not overly glittery or sparkly, it's just enough.  I was told you have to pick a certain brush to use exclusively with this product (and their other highlighters) as it forms a buildup that isn't removed by washing. This was totally fine by me, as I prefer to use certain brushes for certain things anyway.  I really am in love with these products.  They are really high quality.  The skin products don't irritate my sensitive skin.  When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels soft and supple to the touch, yet still firm and youthful.  The makeup looks and feels natural, like I'm not wearing makeup at all.  I am really happy I was encouraged to look into this line.  If you haven't given these products a shot, I encourage you to look into them.  They aren't cheap products but you do receive a decent amount of product in each container.

This is all I purchased:

1)  Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener
2)  Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair
3)  Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation With Sunscreen in shade 04 Beige Moyen
4)  Guerlain Les Voilettes Translucent Loose Powder Mattifying Veil in shade 4 Dore
5)  Guerlain Meterorites Light Revealing Pearls Of Powder in shade 4 Dore
6)  Guerlain Rose Aux Joues Blush Duo in shade 04 Pink Punk
7)  Guerlain Abeille Royale Youth Serum samples


blenditout.blogspot.comblenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.comblenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.comblenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.comblenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.comblenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.comblenditout.blogspot.com
blenditout.blogspot.com
blenditout.blogspot.com
blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.