Saturday, August 23, 2014

Stila Event at Ulta & Haul 8/23/14

Hi guys!  Today's post is all about my afternoon of fun at my local Ulta.  Ulta was having their Stila Event.  Needless to say, there was a lot of people getting their makeup done and making beauty purchases.  My friends, Gloria and Vivian, were there to welcome me to the event and introduce me to several people.  It's always so nice to walk into a store and have the staff greet you by name and make you feel wanted.  I can always count on Gloria and Vivian to give me the most pleasant experience and I am very grateful to them for all of their kindness and professionalism.  The star of the event, J Zubire, was there doing makeup and giving her expert advice to whoever wanted/needed it about the products Stila Cosmetics has to offer.  She assisted me in finding some great products and trying out items I have never seen or used before.  Every time I speak with her, she gives me this renewed energy and enthusiasm about Stila and all they have to offer.  J has such a great, positive aura about her and is such a pleasure to be around.  I am very grateful that she took the time to talk with me, gave me exciting information about products and even pose for photos.  One of the best parts was that, although it had been so long since the last time I had seen her, she recognized and remembered me.  She meets so many people doing what she does and she still remembered me.  Way to make a girl feel special!  I walked in with the intent to purchase shampoo and conditioner (I chose the Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo and The Conditioner.) and walked out with that and all these Stila products, as well:

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


I picked up the In The Garden Eye Shadow Palette which includes shades Chinois, Breeze, Bark, Freesia, Rosette, Nectar, Honey, Sage, Moss, and Juniper eye shadows and Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Starfish.  I, also, chose, based on the recommendation from J, the Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Metallic Pixie Dust which contains the Stay All Day Liquid Eye Primer and mixing tray.  The picture of this product really doesn't do it justice.  It is absolutely gorgeous!  You have to see this shade in person!  It has so many different colors and is really unique.  Another recommended product by J is the #37 Silicone Eye Shadow Applicator, the only brush that will pick up and blend out the Magnificent Metals Eye Shadows.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


Inside a clear with black trim Stila cosmetics bag that I received was the Color Balm Lipstick in Vivienne, Convertible Color Dual Lip and Cheek Cream in Peony, and #30a Flat Eye Shadow Brush.  Also in the bag, was the Double Ended Blending Sponge, which according to the packaging is to be used by using the "rounded side: perfect for application all over the face and neck" and the "pointed side: ideal for accessing hard-to-reach areas and precision blending." It is supposed to apply makeup "seamlessly for a smooth, streak-free finish" by apply using a "stamping" motion.  Included was also the eye products Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Spectrum and Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Graphite and lip products Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Beso and Lip Glaze in Raspberry Sorbet.

This was such a fun afternoon for me and I didn't want to leave.  A very special thanks goes out to Gloria, Vivian and J for making me feel so welcome at this great event.  I will be anxiously awaiting the next one!

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.