Saturday, August 23, 2014

Merle Norman Haul 8/18/14 & Nails 8/22/14

Hi guys!  I have a couple of things I wanted to share in today's post.  First, I made a pit stop at Merle Norman at my local mall in search of a concealer I used to wear.  Many years ago, I used to work at a Merle Norman salon and was introduced to some of their products.  There were two things that stayed with me even after all these years of not working there any more: the Eye Brow Powder Duet (which I used religiously for years and is on some of my early posts) and the Cover Up concealer.  The Eye Brow Powder Duet was discontinued long ago but I still have several brand new and sealed in my makeup stash for whenever I want to use them.  (When I learned they were discontinued, I purchased every single one available.)  However, the concealer was something that I always remembered because it was so good.  It really concealed and didn't get chunky or give me anything to complain about.  They have changed the packaging from when I used to have it.  One tube will last a very long time because you only use the tiniest amount.  It has so much power that you don't need to load it on wherever you need extra coverage.  After trying out a couple of colors, I opted for the shade Warm Medium.  While I was there, the attendant suggested I try out the powder foundation, saying it was really good.  After comparing a couple of shades, I selected the Ultra Powder Foundation in Ultra Golden.  With the purchase of two or more items, you are allowed to take home a gift with purchase.  This particular set included a gorgeous black tote bag that completely folds up and snaps shut, the Skin Finishing Cleanser, Gentle Eye Solutions Eye Cream, Expert Finish Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 25 in Creamy Beige along with a small round sponge for application, and Teakwood Lasting Cheek Color.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


I finally took some time to polish my finger nails with a couple of my new polishes to test for wear and formula quality.  I did apply both base and top coat and didn't wear the polish alone.  I do put my hands through the ringer by washing countless times daily as well as cleaning and other things.  I will let you all know my findings.  For now, I can say the formula is very difficult to apply evenly but the finished result is very shiny.  It has been almost 24 hours and not one has chipped or shown signs of wear which is a really big deal for me since most polishes can't withstand my life.

blenditout.blogspot.com


Left hand: Nails Inc. The Perfect Nude in Elizabeth Mews

blenditout.blogspot.com


Right hand: Nails Inc. The Perfect Nude in Charlotte Street

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.