Wednesday, April 30, 2014

MAC Ever So Yellow Pigment Mini-Review & Supercharged Rainbow Look 4/26/14

Hi everyone!  I couldn't wait to try out the new limited edition MAC Ever So Yellow pigment from the Playland collection.  The shade can be applied for light wash of color and built up to a noticeable shade of yellow.  It's not like some of my other shades of yellow that basically fall off as soon as you start to blend them out.  It blends out quite nicely and I didn't notice any fading throughout wear.  I was impressed with this color and have no regrets about the purchase.

Those of you who have been checking out my blog for awhile know that I am not a stranger to color.  This look is another example of why I enjoy creating colorful looks.  Is there a type of look that you find yourselves drawn to?  Smoky?  Neutral?  Bright and bold?  Feel free to share your pick in the comments section.

I began by filling in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Dark Brown.  (For those of you who don't know, Anastasia products are absolutely amazing and if you haven't started using their products, you should jump on board asap.)  Perhaps the most important step is this next one:  I applied both Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture For Eyes and Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture creams to my face in their respective designated areas.  I followed by applying MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance and Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  I used Laura Mercier Flax Eye Basics as a base.  Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied MAC Soft Brown eye shadow (matte) on the brow bone, blending and sweeping it inward.  I used a flat shading brush to apply MAC Ever So Yellow pigment on the inner eye lid.  Using the Urban Decay Electric Pressed Pigment palette, I applied Freak eyeshadow to the middle of the eye lid and Fringe eyeshadow to the outer eye lid.  I used a small dense blending brush to apply Chaos eyeshadow to the outer corner.  Next, Urban Decay Psychedelic Sister 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil was used on the lower lash line and blended out with Jilted eyeshadow.  On the upper lash line, I applied NYX Extreme Purple Studio Liquid Liner.  On the lashes, I used Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


Using a round dense foundation brush, I applied Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation in shade 5.75 to the rest of my face.  To even out any redness, I used MAC Pro Conceal And Correct Palette in Medium shade NW25 under the eyes and on the nose crease.  I dusted Guerlain Les Voilettes Translucent Compact Powder Mattifying Veil in shade 3 Medium on the face.  From the My Sculpted Face palette by It Cosmetics, I took the middle shade on the left side and applied it to the hollows of my cheeks, forehead and on the jawline.  I used Toile Instain blush by TheBalm on the cheeks, focusing more on the sides of the cheeks as opposed to the apples.  Under the eyes, I applied Hourglass Incandescent Light Ambient Lighting Powder for a subtle highlight.  On the lips, I applied NYX Natural Lipliner Pencil, Bite Beauty Lilac lipstick (tapped on a very small amount) and MAC The Wee Coquette Lipglass.  (The photos are without and with flash.)

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.