Saturday, February 1, 2014

MAC Viva Glam Rihanna Review & Gold Lights Look 1/29/14

Hi guys!  First, I wanted to show you my new MAC Viva Glam Rihanna lipstick and lipglass with swatches (with and without flash) and share my thoughts about these products.  Both lip products have the traditional vanilla scent with no discernible taste that MAC is known for.  Both, also, come in a limited edition soft-touch red packaging, which is completely gorgeous.  The frost lipstick is a great product.  The blue-based red color applies smoothly, doesn't dry out my lips and lasts several hours without fading or bleeding.  The finished look of the lipglass, another great product, can vary depending on whether you apply it with a light or heavy hand, meaning you can wear it as a light or more opaque look.  The lipglass is very sparkly.  That being said, it's not chunky sparkle and is definitely a more refined texture to where it doesn't feel gritty with wear.  I did notice that when I wore the lipglass alone, the product has the tendency to slightly settle into the fine lines of my lips.  The good thing was that it was hardly noticeable and didn't discourage me from using this shade.  Overall, both these products are fantastic.  I do recommend them and encourage you to pick them up while you can.  "Every cent of the selling price of VIVA GLAM goes toward helping women, men and children living with and affected by HIV/AIDS," according to the MAC website.  Every purchase of these products goes to support a great cause.  What more can you ask for?

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


Today's look was created using my new MAC palette, the entire 2nd row.  I wanted to experiment with the colors.  I have already used the entire palette once.  I am not unhappy with any of the colors.  Although some colors aren't as deep/intense as others, I love that they all bring something different and can be combined to create a vast variety of looks.  I also am happy that there are transition shades to help blend out the colors included in the palette.  Overall, this palette was a great investment and addition to my collection.  Keep reading if you would like to know which products I used for this look.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony
Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion
MAC Vanilla Extract eye shadow - brow bone
MAC Honey Lust eye shadow - inner eye lid
MAC Amber Lights eye shadow - outer eye lid
MAC Saddle eye shadow - outer corner
MAC Brule eye shadow - under brow
Sephora Cappuccino Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil - upper and lower lash line
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara - upper and lower lashes
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.