Saturday, February 8, 2014

MAC Haul 2/5/14 & Chocolate Covered Cherries Look 2/8/14

Hi everyone!  I wanted to show you all pictures of my new MAC makeup.  These are from the MAC A Fantasy Of Flowers collection.  From left to right, I selected the Chartreuse Bouquet and Lily-White pigments, as well as Sassy Moss and Phlox Garden Fluidline Eye-Liner Gels.  The last picture shows a discrepancy on the labels.  I purchased these from MAC online and called to verify the correct spelling of the name.  The correct name should read Lily-White and they told me that this has no impact on the product itself.  Another thing I was very curious about is how Chartreuse Bouquet is different from True Chartreuse.  As you can see from the swatches, they are very different.  On the left is True Chartreuse and on the right is Chartreuse Bouquet.  True Chartreuse is more yellow based and matte.  Chartreuse Bouquet is more green and has shimmer.  The swatch pictures include 1) True Chartreuse vs Chartreuse Bouquet dry; 2) True Chartreuse vs Chartreuse Bouquet damp; 3) Lily-White left dry, right damp with flash; 4) Lily-White left dry, right damp without flash.  Lily-White is a shimmery pale-yellow that can be on the sheer side if you apply it dry and can be built up to a more opaque color by applying it with a damp brush.  I will be using these beautiful colors in upcoming looks.  So be sure to keep checking back if you are interested in how these will work in a look.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


Now for the main event, I wanted to give you guys a Valentine's Day look idea.  I wanted a more seductive color as the focal point.  Red is strong and, at the same time, a little mysterious, perfect for Valentine's Day.  Ladies, be bold and confident by wearing red.

I filled in the brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony.  I applied both MAC Mineralize Charged Water Face And Body Lotion and Laura Gellar Spackle Supercharged Fortified Under Make-Up Primer and allowed each time to absorb into the skin.  On the eyes, I applied Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  I used Urban Decay Roach 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil as a base on the inner and outer eye lid, as well as slightly on the crease.  Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied MAC Soft Brown eye shadow (matte) to the brow bone.  I used Lorac Costa Rican Coffee eye shadow over Roach and on the lower lash line.  I packed Sugarpill Love + Pressed Eye Shadow on the center of the eye lid.  I, also, applied this shade on the lower lash line over the Lorac eye shadow and blended it out.  I picked up a little more of the Soft Brown and used that to blend out the crease area.  I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin) under the brow.  Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx was applied to the waterline and tight line.  A pencil brush was used to apply Urban Decay Perversion 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil to the upper lash line.  Both upper and lower lashes were coated with Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.  (Feel free to add false lashes to this look for added drama.)

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


A foundation brush was used to apply Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation in shade N127 to my face.  Using a concealer brush, I applied Make Up For Ever Full Cover in shade 5 under the eyes.  I set these with Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Micro Finish Powder.  (Be sure to really blend this out carefully.  If not, you will see white streaks all over your face.)  I used Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze Bronzing Powder in shade 20 on the hollows of cheeks and forehead temples.  On the apples of my cheeks and blended outward, I used Tarte Dollface Amazonian Clay Powder Blush.  On the lips, I used MAC Riri Woo Pro Longwear Lip Pencil and MAC Viva Glam Rihanna (frost) lipstick.  (For a more subtle look, you can also use a nude lipcolor or a gloss instead of the red lipstick.)  To complete the look, I set my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.