Saturday, January 25, 2014

MAC Haul 1/14/14, Dramatic Wings Over Smoky Clouds Look & Mini YSL Review 1/25/14

Hi guys!  I wanted to briefly show you guys my new MAC Eye Shadow X15: Warm Neutral palette.  This palette is amazing.  The shades in this palette are gorgeous, highly pigmented and blend like a dream.  This palette is available for purchase at the MAC website for $100.00.  If you would like more information, feel free to check out the site.

blenditout.blogspot.com


Next, I wanted to share this look with all.  This is more of an evening appropriate look.  If you would like to know what products I used to complete this look, then keep reading.

First, I filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony.  I applied both MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel and Laura Gellar Spackle Supercharged Fortified Under Make-up Primer to my face.  I used a small amount of Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion on my eyes.  Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied Lorac Garnet eye shadow to the brow bone.  I used a flat shading brush to apply Urban Decay S&M eyeshadow to the eye lid and the tip of that same brush was used to apply it to the lower lash line.  Next, I used Lorac Black eye shadow on the outer corner and outer lower lash line for extra dimension and drama.  I used a skin tone shade, Lorac Cream eye shadow, under the brow.  Using an angled eye liner brush, I applied a thick/heavy line of Maybelline Eyestudio in Blackest Black to the upper lash line to create the dramatic wing.  Also, I added Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in shade 23L to the water line.  I coated both the upper and lower lashes with Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


Using a concealer brush, I tapped Make Up For Ever Full Cover in shade 5 under the eyes.  I used a flat square-tipped foundation brush to apply Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Touche Éclat Illuminating Foundation SPF 19 in shade Beige Dore 50 (said to be for light to medium complexions with golden toffee beige undertones) to the rest of my face.  (This foundation, available at Sephora for $55.00, has a thin consistency and a light fragrance that reminded me of cucumbers.  The fragrance, however, did not linger after application.  It provided long-lasting coverage that made my skin look flawless without having to use a lot of product or effort.  Throughout wear, I didn't feel the product on my skin.  In fact, it felt so natural that I had to mentally keep reminding myself that I was wearing makeup.  Overall, I do recommend this foundation and encourage you to try it out.)  I used a fluffy powder brush to dust MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark on my face to set the cream products.  On the hollows of my cheeks, I applied Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze Bronzing Powder in shade 20.  Concentrating on the apples of my cheeks, I used MAC Fleur Power powder blush (satin) and blended it outward.  (This blush does have intense pigmentation and it is very easy to apply too much.  Be sure to use a light hand if you would like a more natural look.)  On the tops of my cheeks and under my eyes, I used a fan brush to apply Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light.  On the lips, I used NYX Natural Lipliner Pencil and MAC High Tea lipstick (lustre).  I set my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel and set the look with MAC Fix+ spray.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. That palette looks gorgeous!! Love the look as well! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lupe! <:)> The palette is awesome. Definitely a must have for someone building their makeup collection.

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.