Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Laura Mercier Artist Palette Review and Small Sephora Haul 1/7/14

Hi guys!  Today I wanted to review the Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes.  The palette's soft container has a textured bubble pattern all over it.  The top of the container has a softer feel and the bottom and sides are firm and solid.  The lid wraps shut and has a magnetized closure.  Once opened, the top portion has a large mirror and the bottom has 12 eye shadow colors, which are all the same size and shape.  Each shadow is attached uniformly in the palette, which shows the care and thought that went into designing/producing this product.  This palette contains both shimmer and matte shades.  The shades in this palette are so perfectly matched that every single shade would look beautiful with any other shade in the palette.  I don't believe I have another palette that has that same quality (or at least none that come to mind).  Each color applies seamlessly and flawlessly.  There is no need to keep applying color to get the desired consistency.  What you see is what you get.  Another quality of the product is the superior blendability of each color.  I'm sorry to say it has been my experience that when I purchase a palette, I can expect to get a dud or two in the group and the rest will be mediocre to great colors.  This palette has not one single dud in the bunch.  I kid you not, every single shade is smooth, highly pigmented and easily blendable without any noticeable fading or creasing with wear.  This palette is clearly very high quality.  You can tell that Laura Mercier really took the time to produce a durable and useful palette.  Kudos to Laura Mercier for all the hard work and may they continue to make outstanding products in the future.

In addition to the review, I wanted to share my new products from Sephora.  The main item was the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eye Shadow Collection, which is made with 100% natural cocoa powder and includes "16 antioxidant-rich cocoa powder infused matte and shimmer shades".  This palette, based solely on its appearance, seems very promising.  It does have a light chocolate scent, as well.  The samples include PhytoSpecific Moisturizing Styling Cream with Quinoa oil, Phyto Paris Phytobaume Hydratation Express Conditioner, XYY (Xtend Your Youth) Face Cream by Dr. Brandt and the Sephora + Pantone Color IQ sample bag that includes Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Powder, Sephora Ultra-Smoothing Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish More Than A Primer Blemish Control Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment, and Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream.  I am looking forward to trying these out and letting you know my findings.  As always, feel free to list any questions in the comments section.  I am looking forward to hearing from you all.  Thanks again for reading.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.