Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stila Event @ Ulta - Look & Haul 11/16/13

Hi guys!  Today was the day of the Stila event at my local Ulta.  Since this was my first event, I really soaked it all in.  The excitement in the air, the atmosphere and the joy of all who were there made this a memorable event.  Guests had the opportunity to speak with Stila staff and ask questions about products, get recommendations and even get makeovers.  I was able to do all that and more.  I took every opportunity to ask questions and get as much information as possible.  After all, how often do you get the chance to interact with skilled, knowledgeable staff direct from the brand?  I had my makeup done by J, a beautiful and talented woman.  Let me tell you, she did a fantastic job.  She created an amazing look (natural face with a sultry, lightly smokey eye) and even showed me that the entire Stila range of products were meant to be used in ways others cannot.  For example, she used a powder, used a cream product over that, and then used another powder on top of that.  From my many years of experience, you are never supposed to do that, unless you want a chunky cakey mess.  Not with Stila, though.  They were created to all blend together seamlessly.  Even now, hours after the initial application, I see no separation or color splotching whatsoever.  I was pleasantly surprised by the high quality of the products and the vast knowledge that was shared with me.  There was no hesitation in answering any questions or deciding how to apply the colors.  I purchased all of the products that were used on me today.  Unfortunately, I am unable to do a step-by-step breakdown of exactly which products were used where.  At least you can see what was used to create the look and, perhaps, consider adding some of these products to your collection.  This post wouldn't be complete without letting you all know that during the hours that I spent at the event, Vivian and Gloria, my go-to women at Ulta, were there.  As usual, they were ready and willing to be of any kind of assistance, help the transition between guests and artists as well as other patrons in their purchases, in any way needed.  Even after working with potentially hundreds of people, the smile on their faces never wavered.  Congratulations J, Vivian and Gloria on the outstanding and successful event!

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

I was able to pick up many products.  I picked up the Stila Color Me Glossy Lip Glaze Set, which includes 9 lip glazes.  The colors in the set are Cranberry, Persimmon, Melon, Dazzleberry, Wildberry, Strawberry Cream, Passion Fruit, Kaleidoscope and Amaretto.  I bought Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation in shade 40 Watts and Stila One Step Correct Skin Tone Correcting & Brightening Serum.  I selected the Stila Illuminating Powder Foundation Compact and Illuminating Powder Foundation Refill in 40 Watts.  I, also, picked up the Stila Set & Correct Baked Powder Trio in The Correctors.  I choose the Stila Color Outside The Lines Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner Set.  This includes 5 full sized eye liners in the colors Stingray, Lionfish, Aubergine, Navy and Emerald.  Next, I selected the Stila In The Moment Eye Shadow Palette.  This includes 10 eye shadows that can be used wet or dry and a full size Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Tetra.  I picked up the Stila Convertible Color Dual Lip And Cheek Cream in Gerbera and the Custom Color Blush in Self-Adjusting Bronze.  The Stila Kajal Eye Liner in Onyx (only for the waterline) and Perfecting Concealer in Shade C also came home with me, as well.  I was also able to bring home samples and gifts with purchase.  They were the Lorac Porefection Mattifying Face Primer, PurMinerals Miracle Mist Hydrate & Set, BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Rebel Lipgloss, and the Smashbox set (includes silver cosmetics bag, two brushes and primer).  The gifts with purchase were the Stila Spice Lip Glaze and the Stila Fan Brush.  

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

These are some photos from the event that I also wanted to share with you all.  Now you have faces to go with the names.  From left to right and top to bottom:  1) J and Me; 2) Vivian, Me and J; 3) Gloria, Me, Vivian and J; 4) Gloria, Me, Vivian and J.

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.