Monday, November 25, 2013

MAC Haul 11/20/13 & Sephora Haul 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/25/13

Hey folks!  Today's haul post is going to be a long one.  This is my Christmas/Holiday special haul.  The focus was on palettes and picking up a lot of product for not a lot of money.  What I mean when I say that is, had I purchased each product individually, I would have spent a small fortune.  In the end, if you compare the prices of the palettes to purchasing each shade on its own, I am saving way more than spending.  All that being said, the palettes come in a wide variety of shades, textures and are able to be used for many looks.  So basically there is no limit as to what you can create by using these products.  Even if you just use each color individually, there are so many options.  That's what I enjoy the most-- never feeling like I have limits on how I wear makeup.  Normally I do prefer to purchase each product individually because palettes require slightly more maintenance.  The prices on all these goodies were just way too good to pass up.  If you would like more information on any of these, feel free to check out the websites where these products are sold or ask me in the comments section.

blenditout.blogspot.com

MAC Haul:  Just when I thought my chances of getting this palette, Riri Hearts MAC Her Cocoa, were gone, MAC decided to add a few more to their website.  As soon as I saw this, I placed the order.  This was the sole item of this purchase.

blenditout.blogspot.com

Sephora Haul:  This was an online order with the focus on Illamasqua eye shadows.  Illamasqua is no longer available at my local store and I was told only available online.  I ordered shades Vapour, Pivot, Fledgling, Anja, Burst, Victim, and Wolf.  I also selected the Stila Eye Shadow Trio in Going Green and Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color in Dark.  (Just a side note: this product is extremely sensitive to fluids and/or other products, not necessarily to water.  I sprayed a setting spray (Pur Minerals) on my face and the brow color started dripping down my face.  So, I had to reapply product and clean up the mess.  I wasn't happy about that.)  I also choose a few samples, as well.

Sephora/Dillard's Haul:  At Sephora, I went on palette overload.  I picked up the Stila Artist Essentials Set, which includes 4 Pop Art Eye Shadow Palettes (16 colors), #9 All Over Blend Brush, Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Stingray, Convertible Color Dual Lip & Cheek Cream in Peony, and the Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Patina.  I chose the Sephora Two Of A Kind Complexion Brush Duo that includes a Powder and Tapered Foundation brush that are said to be used for powder, cream or liquid makeup application.  I picked up the Sephora Cheek To Cheek Blush Bronzer Duo that includes an Angled and Bronzer brush said to maximize blending and sculpting.  Also, from the Sephora brand, I chose the Holiday Light Show Brush Set that includes a stand, 4 face brushes (powder, foundation, face contour, and concealer) and 3 eye brushes (crease, shadow, and slanted eyeliner).  Next, I picked The Tarte Of Giving Off The Cuff palette, which includes an Amazonian Clay Matte Bronzer, 4 Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blushes and a wearable eco-chic cuff bracelet.  Sticking with Tarte, I selected The Tarte Of Giving Collector's Set & Travel Bag, which includes 20 full size Amazonian clay eyeshadows, 8 maracuja lipglosses, pure maracjua oil, maracuja C-brighter eye treatment, Amazonian clay 12-hour blush, cheek stain, mascara and a travel bag.  I selected the Too Faced A Few Of My Favorite Things Collection, which comes with 20 eye shadows, 2 blushes, 2 bronzing powders, mascara, Lip Injection Color Bomb and a bag.  Another item from Sephora was the Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes and includes 12 eye shadows.  Lastly, I used my Beauty Insider points to pick up Josie Maran Argan Oil and Bumble & Bumble BB Straight serum, both hair products.  At Dillard's, I picked up a Bobbi Brown set that included the Smoky Warm Eye Palette (6 eye shadows and a double-ended brush), lip gloss (Siren Red), nail polish (Siren Red) and a box.  (This package included all items priced separately, although wrapped together.)  The final two items were the Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood Eye Palette (9 eye shadows and a dual-ended shadow/liner brush) and the Rich Chocolate Eye Palette (7 eye shadows and dual-ended shadow/liner brush).

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com
The next trip to Sephora led me to more amazing palettes.  I picked the Too Faced The Return Of Sexy palette, which inlcudes 15 wet/dry eye shadows, Shadow Insurance and Perfect Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner in Perfect Black.  These shadows are super glittery and shimmery.  So, if you plan to pick up this palette, be aware these shadows are not for the timid.  ;)  Next, I picked out the Lorac Pro Palette that includes 16 eye shadows (half matte and half shimmer) that can be used wet or dry and a Behind The Scenes Eye Primer.  Then, I picked out Smashbox The Master Class Palette 2.  This contains 28 eye shadows, 4 cream eye liners, 5 blushes, 1 bronzer and 2 soft lights (highlighters).  The final palette of this trip was the limited edition Make Up For Ever Midnight Glow palette that included 8 eye shadows (6 of which are new shades with a diamond finish).  I also received a few amazing samples.  Inside the bag marked "Beauty Insider Sephora" were 2 eye shadows and and eye makeup remover.  There was also BareMinerals Stroke Of Light Eye Brightener and samples of Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream and Instant Moisturizer.  I truly appreciate receiving samples to test out.  Samples allow you to test out products you wouldn't normally try out otherwise.  In case you already have some of the regular sized products, then you already know you like the product and have a little more to work with before having to make another purchase.  For me, it's definitely a win-win situation.  I am very grateful to the lovely lady who helped me today at Sephora. 
blenditout.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.