Friday, October 11, 2013

Sparkling Pumpkins Look 10/10/13

Hi guys!  My daughter picked out the name of the look of the day.  She really enjoyed seeing all the sparkle and shimmer, as did a few other people who were kind enough to pay me a compliment or two, as well.  Thank you all for all the love and support!  On to the makeup...

Today, I used a couple of different colors to fill in my brows.  I had a hard time deciding what color would go with my hair color.  I ended up using Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder Duet in Mocha and MAC Embark eye shadow (matte).  Next, one of the most important steps in a beauty routine, I applied Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen to my face and gave it time to absorb into my skin.  I used NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base and Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat in my eyes.  Using a fluffy blending brush, I dusted MAC Embark eye shadow (matte) on the crease and blended it out to the outer brow bone.  Using a finger, I blended NYX Milk Jumbo Eye Pencil out on my eye lid.  I applied Sugarpill Elektro Cute Sparkling Neon Pigment in Hi-Viz on the inner eye lid, using MAC Fix+ to assist in packing on the product.  Next, I used Sugarpill Elektro Cute Sparkling Neon Pigment in Supercharged on the outer eye lid, making sure to overlap these bright colors to prevent any harsh lines.  I had initially planned to stop there, but the makeup kept begging for me to continue.  So, to add even more color to the look, I added MAC Goldenrod eye shadow (satin) on the inner brow bone and MAC Ablaze eye shadow (matte) on the outer brow bone.  As usual, I applied MAC Brule eye shadow (satin) under the brow.  For an extra pop of color, I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Ransom on the lower lash line.  Then, I used a brush to apply Maybelline EyeStudio in Blackest Black on the upper lash line.  I coated both the upper and lower lashes with BareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


To give the foundation something to adhere to, I used Laura Gellar Spackle Supercharged Fortified Under Make-up Primer on the face.  Using a foundation brush, I applied MAC Matchmaster Foundation in 3.0.  To brighten, I used Make Up For Ever Full Cover in 5 under the eyes.  (You should substitute this for a concealer in a shade lighter than your natural skin tone.  There is absolutely no need to go crazy and use shades that are 5 or 10 shades away from your natural color.  It's definitely not flattering to anyone.  If you do this, please just stop.)  Next, I set these products with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  I applied MAC Bronze Bronzing Powder on the hollows of my cheeks for contour.  (To contour, you are not supposed to apply this really thick dark line and curve it under your cheek.  That defeats the purpose of a contour and instead makes your cheeks look chunky.  You want to have a blended out slightly darker shade that makes your cheeks look ever so slightly sunken in.  If you go over board, again, it is absolutely not flattering.  If you do this, please just stop.)  I used MAC Honey Jasmine Powder Blush (satin) on the cheeks.  I set my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel and spritzed Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray on my face.  On my lips, I used NYX Natural Lipliner Pencil and Stila Apricot Lip Glaze.  I opted for a more natural lip since I had so much going on on the eyes.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.