Thursday, October 3, 2013

Simply Brown Look 9/30/13

Hi everyone!  Today's look features some of the new products I recently purchased.  This look isn't complicated to create.  More than anything, it was to test out the products and see if some needed more effect than others to use.  I didn't have any issues with application.  By the end of the day, I was still content with the look.

I do, however, have issues with a couple of items I tried out.  I picked up a brush from Ulta as a rewards gift.  This brush is awful if you are tender-headed, which I am not.  It's like the balls on the tips of the bristles aren't large enough.  So it feels like you are scraping your head every time you come in contact with the brush.  Then, instead of breaking up your tangles. it just tugs on them.  This brush is very painful to use and if I hadn't received it for free, I would definitely return it.  It's such a shame because the pattern looks cool.  Then, the other product I have an issue with is the Sarah McNamara Skin Transformer Hydroactive Cleanser.  I first used it on my face on a day where I had worn no makeup.  It claims to be foaming and it doesn't foam in any way.  After I used it, I felt a layer of oil on my face the next morning when I awoke.  (I, also used the mask, which stung when first applied but stopped after a bit.  This did leave my face feeling soft after I rinsed it off.)  The next night, I used it again to remove my makeup.  Even after washing my eyes with it twice, it left a big mess behind.  I wasn't wearing waterproof makeup, either.  I have absolutely no idea why my eye makeup wouldn't come off.  So, I had to use makeup remover.  For me, having to do extra steps to clean my face is a no-no.  I would much rather use my current face wash and only have to wash my face once, even when using waterproof makeup, to get my face clean.  So, I would definitely not recommend purchasing these products.

I filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony.  I applied Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen to my face.  While that set, I used Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion and Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Tawny to my eyes.  Using a fluffy blending brush, I applied MAC Soft Brown eye shadow (matte) to the brow bone.  I used Lorac Gleam eye shadow on the eye lid.  I applied both MAC Saddle (matte) and Texture (velvet) eye shadows on the outer corner and slightly into the brow bone area.  To deepen the look, I used MAC Embark eye shadow (matte) on the outer corner.  Under the brows, I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin).  I applied MAC Deliciously Rich Fluidline to the lower lash line and smudged out Maybelline EyeStudio in Blackest Black on the upper lash line.  I coated the lashes with Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


Under the eyes, I used Make Up For Ever Full Cover in shade 5.  I used MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance on my face.  I buffed Laura Gellar Balance -N- Brighten Foundation in Medium on my face.  For contour, I applied Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze Bronzing Powder in shade 20 on the hollows of my cheeks.  I used Laura Gellar Baked ImPRESSions Blush in Bouquet on my cheeks.  On my lips, I used MAC Cream O' Spice Cremestick Liner and Laura Gellar Rosato lipstick.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.