Saturday, September 28, 2013

Old School Look 9/28/13

Hi everyone!  Back in 2006, when I first started using MAC, I started out with about three eye shadows - Goldmine, Coppering and Embark.  When I purchased them, the person who helped me suggested I wear them together so my eyes will look like they're on fire.  Today's look really wasn't the flaming look I planned out and is a bit softer than when I first started out with MAC.  However, I was happy with the outcome and wanted to share it with you all.

I also wanted to mention that the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper isn't the world's easiest eye liner to use.  Once completed, it does provide a really shiny line that doesn't crack.  However, it does have some glitches.  For one, it bleeds.  So, you have to be very careful when you apply it and be going over the areas where the bleeding occurs.  For me, it's difficult to have a thin line because of that issue.  Also, this product claims to be waterproof.  It absolutely is not waterproof in any way.  The tip hasn't changed and gotten ugly like some felt tips do.  It has stayed in tact since I received it, which is a plus.  So, if you can deal with the bleeding and it not being waterproof, then it's an ok product.  For me, I don't like a product claiming to be something that it is not.  I would not purchase this product without that issue being fixed.  The bleeding isn't a deal breaker, but I only use this when I have time to make adjustments on the line.  If I am in a hurry, I won't reach for this liner.  If those things are fixed, this product has some potential in my book to be really likable.  As it stands now, though, it's a flop in my book.

On to the look of the day...

I started out by filling in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ebony.  I applied Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen to my face.  I used Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion on my eyes.  As a base, I used Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Tawny.  I used Shiseido Hydro Powder Eye Shadow in H1 Goldlights on the eye lid and crease.  I applied MAC Goldmine eye shadow on the inner eye lid and MAC Outré eye shadow (matte) on the brow bone.  I used MAC Coppering eye shadow (veluxe pearl) on the outer eye lid and MAC Embark eye shadow (matte) on the outer corner.  Under my brows, I used  MAC Brule eye shadow (satin).  I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Lucky on the lower lash and waterline.  I used Kay Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper on the upper lash line.  I coated the upper and lower lashes with Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


I used Laura Mercier Foundation Primer on my face.  To brighten under my eyes, I used Make Up For Ever Full Cover in shade 5.  I buffed Laura Gellar Balance -N- Brighten Foundation in Medium on my face.  On the hollows of my cheeks, I used MAC Bronze Bronzing Powder and blended it out.  On my cheeks, I used Tarte Exposed Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush.  On the lips, I opted for a natural look and used MAC Beurre Cremestick Liner and MAC Feed The Senses lipstick (lustre).  I set my eye brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel to complete the look.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.