Thursday, September 5, 2013

Review: Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara & Deep Blue Sketch Look 9/5/13

How's everyone doing today?  Before I get into the makeup, I wanted to briefly comment on the Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.  I have used this mascara in various posts, just feeling it out and seeing how it works for me.  I can honestly say I really like this mascara.  When you pull the wand out of the container, you can see the product is slick and shiny.  When you apply it, the texture of the product allows it to just glide along your lashes.  (The way I apply mascara is:  I take the wand from the container.  Then, I use the tip to apply the product to my upper lashes.  Next, I use the wand to distribute the formula throughout the lashes.  Using the length of the wand, starting at the base of my lashes, I go up the length of the lashes.  Then, starting at the base once more, I wiggle the wand throughout the lashes to make sure they are all coated, separated, and defined.  I will repeat until I am fully satisfied with the overall look of the lashes.  With however much product I have left on the wand, I apply this to my lower lashes, again making sure they are all coated and defined.)  The wand is very different from any that I have tried before.  It has a spiked round tip on the end of the straight wand.  The bristles of the wand are a little harsh when you first see them.  (I would imagine they would be extremely painful if you happen to accidentally poke your eye with them.)  Anyway, this tip allows you to really get the product on and thoroughly surround your lashes with it.  It easily lengthens, separates and defines lashes.  The only thing I would be mindful of is applying too much product.  Of course, I would say that applies with any mascara.  All in all, this is an excellent product and I give it a thumbs up.  If you haven't tried it out, I encourage you to do so.  Right now, Ulta has the product with a special promotion.  This is priced at $23 each, but for the same price, you can pick up both the full and travel-sized mascara.  So, it's a really good deal.  Check it out if you're interested.  I'm also including a list of links below of some of the products I used in today's look.  Check those out too, if you're interested.

Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara at Ulta Special Promotion

I have continued my love affair with the color blue with today's makeup.  This look was created to go with the jacket I wore today.  It is blue and white, as shown in the photo, and has a silver belt.  I really enjoyed creating the look.  If you like the blog, don't forget to comment and subscribe.  :)  On to the makeup...

I started out by filling in the brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Brunette and setting them with Clear Brow Gel in the same brand.  I applied Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen and Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer to my face and allowed each time to set.  I applied NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base to my eyes.  I used Urban Decay Radium Cream Shadow on the outer 1/2 of the eye lid to the brow bone and really blended it out so it is just a light wash of color.  I packed Sugarpill Tako Pressed Eyeshadow on the inner 1/2 of the eye lid.  I used Sugarpill Velocity Pressed Eyeshadow on the outer 1/2 of the eye lid up to the brow bone and really blended it out.  I, also, applied it on the lower eye lid and smudged it out.  Next, I took Sugarpill Bulletproof Pressed Eyeshadow and applied it to the outer corner and outer lower lash line.  To really intensify the blue, I added more Velocity and kept blending and adding more color, as necessary, to keep the lines soft but the color intense.  I applied MAC Brule eye shadow (satin) under the brow.  To define, I applied a medium thick line using Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner in Black on the upper lash line.  I coated my upper and lower lashes with Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com



blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


Using the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, I applied Dior Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup in Sable/Sand 031.  Under my eyes, using a concealer brush, I applied Make Up For Ever Full Cover in shade 5.  I set these products with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  I applied Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Blissful to my cheeks.  I used Stila + Dancing With The Stars Illuminating Powder on top of my cheek bones and on the inner tear duct area.  I used the Stila + Dancing With The Stars Bronzing Powder on the hollows of the cheeks.  On my lips, I used MAC Beurre Cremestick and MAC Flamingo lipstick (lustre) to complete the look.


blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


Stila Dancing With The Stars Illuminating Powder at Ulta

Stila Dancing With The Stars Bronzing Powder at Ulta

Sugarpill Cosmetics

MAC Cosmetics

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.