Monday, September 9, 2013

Pink Squared Look 9/9/13

Hi guys!  Fall is right around the corner.  Although, sometimes I focus on what the future will bring, I also really enjoy just living for the day.  And today, we are still in summer.  So, this look is really to celebrate the end up summer.  Today's look is featuring my new Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Bright Delight palette.  It has some really bright, bold colors and is said to be able to be used either wet or dry.  I tested that out today, as well.  The results are pictured below.

I filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Brunette and used an eye brow brush to blend out the color.  I applied Illamasqua Hydra Veil Rehydrating Gel to my face.  (This product gives my skin a cooling sensation when applied.  The good thing about it absorbing into the skin so quickly is not having to wait to apply another product.  The slight drawback is, after it dries, if you try to rub your skin, it's so dry that it's uncomfortable to pull or rub it in any direction unless you have some sort of cream or liquid product on your finger.)  Next, I applied Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer all over my face but not on my eyes.  On my eyes, I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.  Using a shading brush, I applied, from the Pop Beauty Bright Up Your Life Bright Delight palette, the pink shade on the bottom left corner to the inner 3/4 of the eye lid.  Next, I took, from the same palette, the purple shade that is directly next to the pink and applied it to the outer corner and blended it towards the outer 3/4 of the brow bone using MAC Fix+ to moisten the brush.  Then, from the same palette, I grabbed the deep purple shade on the top row (2nd color) and used it on the outer corner to add more dimension to the look.  To blend out any lines, I used NARS Biarritz eye shadow under the brow.  For definition, I applied Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Lust on the upper lash line and Psychedelic Sister on the lower lash line.  I coated the upper and lower lashes with Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


I applied Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in shade 127 to the rest of my face.  I took Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup in Shade 3.5 and used it under the eyes and on the nose crease.  I set these products with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  I used Stila + Dancing With The Stars Bronzing Powder on the hollows of my cheeks.  I dusted MAC Azalea Blossom Blush Ombré on my cheeks.  I sealed my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel.  On the lips, I used MAC Beurre Cremestick Liner and MAC Embrace Me lipstick (matte).

Note:  You can always add glitter or a shiny gloss to your finished look for a little something extra.  Since, I'm testing out the eye products, I chose not to add anything on top of the shadows to help me have a clear view of the product throughout the day.

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.