Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blue Sunset Look 9/17/13

Hi guys!  This look features some of the Sigma Creme De Couture Macaron-Inspired products.  These shades are matte and do need to be packed on, blended out and packed on again, just as any other matte shades.  So, provided you have time to work with these products and you like noticeable color in your look, you will definitely enjoy having these in your collection.  I was so excited about these colors, I wanted to use them all.  I have seen some swatches of these colors that look more on the dry, chalky side.  So, I was a little nervous about them.  Sometimes, swatches don't do the product any justice and sometimes they do.  I don't do any swatching unless I'm in-store debating a purchase.  I just dig right in and start using them, otherwise.  My first impressions with these are that they are great colors.  They apply really well.  Just remember to pack them on and blend out lightly, just like any other matte shades.  They almost have a personality all their own.  So, be sure to let each shade shine on its own merit.  I also wanted to note that at the end of the day, there was no noticeable sign of fading or creasing.  With that in mind, on to the look...

I filled in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Ebony.  I took both Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen and MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance and applied them all over my face.  I used Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion on my eyes.  I took Sigma Blue Chocolat eye shadow and packed it on the inner eye lid.  I used Sigma Almond Pear eye shadow on the inner 1/2 of the brow bone.  I used Sigma Blueberry Cream eye shadow on the middle eye lid.  (Note:  On my skin tone, I couldn't really see a difference between Blue Chocolat and Blueberry Cream, at all.  In the pan, they do look different from each other.  Perhaps on different skin tones, the difference would be more noticeable.)  I applied Sigma Apricot Flower eye shadow on the upper brow bone area and blended it out.  I used Sigma Cassis eye shadow on the outer corner and inner lower lash line.  I applied Sigma Elderberry eye shadow to deepen the outer eye lid corner and the outer lower lash line.  I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin) under the brow.  (You can substitute this shade for any skin tone shade.)  I used Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil in Tiramisu on the upper lash line.  I coated both the upper and lower lashes with Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara (not one of my favorites, but I'm going to get my use of it since I did purchase it).

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


On the rest of my face, I used Diorskin Forever Flawless Perfection Fusion Wear Makeup Sunscreen 031.  I used Make Up For Ever Full Cover in shade 5 under my eyes.  I set these products with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  I used Stila + Dancing With The Stars Bronzing Powder on the hollows of my cheeks.  I dusted on Sigma Blackberry Essence Creme De Couture Macaron-Inspired Blush on my cheeks.  On the lips, I used NYX Natural Lipliner Pencil and MAC Fashion Punch Lipglass.

blenditout.blogpsot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

Sigma Beauty Creme De Couture Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.