Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pick Your Fave Look 8/18/13

How's everyone today?  I wanted to talk a little about the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara.  I am going to be very honest, as always.  The truth is I am not loving this mascara.  It is super thick and pretty dry.  I don't know if it is just my tube or if this is the general consistency of the product.  You have to really have a lot of time to get this product to work.  You literally have to go over it repeatedly to get it to disperse throughout the lashes.  I have never struggled so much with a mascara in my life.  And for the price I paid for a single tube, I expect it to be worth it.  So, all that being said, after I worked on it, it had an ok result.  Definitely not the best result though, as I have had longer looking lashes with other, cheaper, products.  So, again, if anyone has used this particular mascara and had similar or different results, please let me know in your comments.

I, also, wanted to briefly touch on the Dior foundation and Benefit Pore Fessional primer.  Well, not so much on them, as much as their fragrances.  They both smell so pretty.  The majority of my products don't have a very strong, discernible fragrance.  These both have something that gives it a little something extra.  I probably wouldn't like if the smell lingered, I'll be honest.  But, just the experience of applying it and having that smell was so nice.

Another thing I wanted to chat about is the look of the day.  I am posting many pictures today because I added a little more color to the initial look.  Basically, that changed the finished look.  You should be able to notice the difference between the first set and the 2nd set.  I will let you be the judge as to which one you like better.  For me, it was a toss up.  On to the look...Looks...

I applied MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel all over face and allowed it to absorb into the skin.  Next, I applied Benefit The Pore Fessional all over my face.  I filled in my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Brunette and applied MAC Paint in Bare Canvas all over the eye area.  I used MAC Lime eye shadow (matte) on the inner eye lid.  After that, I applied MAC Outré eye shadow (matte) from the crease to the brow bone.  I used NARS Misfit Duo Eye Shadow, the green shade, on the outer 2/3 eye lid and the skin tone shade under the brow.  Using a fluffy blending brush, on the outer corner I applied MAC Embark eye shadow (matte) and MAC Beauty Marked (velvet).  (The 2nd batch of pictures shows the result after applying a little more Beauty Marked to the outer corner and along the crease.)  I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Covet and smudged it out on the lower lash line.  On the upper lash line, I used Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil in Tiramisu.  Next, I coated my lashes with Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara.


Using a foundation brush, I applied Dior Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup in Sable/Sand 031 all over my face.  I applied MAC Select Cover-Up in NW25 under eyes using a concealer brush.  These were set with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  On my cheeks, I used Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Achiote.  As a final step, I used Tarte LipSurgence Lip Luster in Achiote on my lips.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.