Saturday, August 10, 2013

Creamy Bronze Look 8/10/13

Greetings all!  How has your weekend been treating you?  I hope you all are having a great one with family and friends.  I certainly enjoy spending my weekends with my wonderful family.  :)

Today's look is using some new products that I have been dying to try out: Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow, the Stila Smudge Pot and Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation.  Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow is very soft, almost like melted butter, and really creamy.  It applies very smooth and full of color and is easy to blend out.  I will definitely be looking to add more of these to my collection.  Stila Smudge Pot is very dry and you have to press a little bit harder into the product to get it onto your brush.  Blending such a dry product is definitely not the most comfortable thing in the world to do.  However, when I applied a powder eye shadow over it, it did blend out well.  Despite the dryness, the color payoff is superb and it wore well without any noticeable fading.  I will more than likely be trying it, next, on the waterline to see if the dry consistency helps it stay on that area.  Another product I tried out today was the Make Up Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation.  Ok guys, this is one amazing product.  It provides even coverage and the color blends seamlessly with my skin.  It doesn't feel heavy on the skin and doesn't have a watery consistency.  It's not too thick and not too thin.  All I kept thinking when I was applying the makeup was man I really love this.  I think it covers any imperfections without looking caked-on.  I really can't say enough about this foundation.  If you haven't tried it out, I do encourage you to pick up a sample.  It's really a fantastic product.

Now for the look of the day...

I filled in my eye brows with Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder Duet in Rich Brown.  Next, I applied MAC Charged Water Face And Body Lotion and MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance to my face and allowed each to set.  I applied Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to the entire eye area.  On the inner 1/2 of the eye lid, I applied Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in No Pressure.  On the outer 1/2 of the eyelid to the brow bone, I applied Stila Smudge Pot in Bronze.  On the brow bone to blend, I applied MAC Cork eye shadow (satin).  Under the brow, I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin) and blended it where it meets Cork.  I applied on the outer brow bone and blended inward MAC Saddle eye shadow (matte).  For a little more sparkle, I applied NYX Roll On Shimmer in Almond to the eye lid.  On the upper lash line, I applied Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner in Black.  On the lower lashline, I applied Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Lucky.  On the waterline, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion was used.  Both upper and lower lashes were coated with Benefit Beyond Mascara in They're Real.  Lastly, I applied Nigel's Lashes #G747S using Duo Lash Adhesive.


Using a foundation brush, I applied Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in #127.  Next, using a concealer brush, I applied Make Up For Ever Full Cover in 5 under my eyes.  MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark was used to set the face products.  I applied MAC Pressed Blush in Coppertone (matte) to my cheeks.  MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze was used on the hollows of the cheeks and on the forehead.  I lined my lips with NYX Lipliner Pencil in Mauve and filled them in with MAC Brick-O-La lipstick (amplified).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.