Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Glittery Smoky Look and Brow Wiz Pencil Review 8/11/13

Hi guys!  I wanted to start off by talking about the Brow Wiz Pencil in Brunette by Anastasia Beverly Hills. I used it and fell instantly in love with it.  It is, hands down, the best eye brow pencil I have ever used. I have been using a brow powder for many, many, many years because every pencil I've tried has been too soft and is just a mess to get to look natural.  By the time I finish my makeup, I have to re-apply a little brow powder because some of it comes off with all the blending.  That's not the case with this product.  The pencil goes on really well and stays put.  The spoolie on the end of this pencil is a little rough on the skin but not unbearable.  I think the roughness helps to really blend out the product.  It really creates a soft, very natural finish.  The only drawback is I noticed I would end up using a pretty good amount of product.  So, at this point I have no idea how long one pencil will last me.  With the price of each pencil, I would really like to get as much bang for my buck as possible.  I am sure I will find out about all that soon enough, though.  Either way, you get what you pay for.  This pencil is awesome!  Now for today's look...


I filled in my eye brows with both shades of Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder Duet.  I applied Philosophy Time In A Bottle all over my face, as well as Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Sheer Tint in Light/Medium.
I applied Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Tawny to the entire eye area.  To the eye lid, I applied NYX Glam Shadow Stick in Wicked Onyx and blended it out on the crease area.  From the Urban Decay Naked palette, on entire eyelid, I applied Creep eye shadow.  From the crease to the brow bone, from the same palette, I used Gunmetal eye shadow.  Over the brow bone to blend, I used MAC Vex eye shadow (frost). Under the brow, I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin).  For added sparkle, on the entire eye lid to under brow bone, I pressed on Ulta Glitter Eye Top Coat Glitter Eye Shadow in High Maintenance with my finger.  On the lower outer 2/3 of the lash line, I applied Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Gunmetal and on the inner 1/3 Urban Decay Glide-On Eye Pencil in Cuff.  For the upper lash line, I used Wet N Wild Mega Eyes Creme Eyeliner in Black.  Under my eyes, I used MAC Select Cover-Up in NW25.  To finish the eyes, I coated both the upper and lower lashes with Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara.


All over my face, I used Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer in Medium.  On my cheek bones, I dusted on Elizabeth Arden Cheekcolor in Sugar Plum.  To set these products, I used MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  For added highlight on the tops of the cheek bones, usings a fan brush, I applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade.  For my lips, I applied NYX Peekaboo Neutral Lipliner Pencil, MAC "Sandy B" lipstick (frost) and topped it with NARS Orgasm lipgloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.