Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Naked Look 7/30/13

Hi guys!  Today's look was created using the colors from the Urban Decay Naked palette.  Although this palette has been around for a while, it's new to me.  I will be creating various looks using the palette to get a feel of all I can do with it.  So far, I am really loving the shadows.  They go on like butter, very smooth, and were/are a dream to work with.  I am really excited to have this in my collection.  I'm usually not one who prefers palettes.  I would much rather have each shadow individually.  However, after hearing and reading so many positive things about it, I wanted to see it for myself.  And, yes, so far, I am agreeing with all the love that this palette has generated.  Job well done Urban Decay!  Let's get started on the look.

Of course, I filled in my eye brows with Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder Duet in Mocha.  Next, I applied Philosophy Time In A Bottle to my entire face.  Then, I applied Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion to the entire eye area.  On the inner eye lid, I applied Urban Decay Sidecar.  Next, I used, on the middle eye lid, Urban Decay Half Baked and blended this color with Sidecar so there are no harsh lines.  On the outer eye lid up to lower mid brow bone, I applied Urban Decay Smog.  After every color change, I blend the colors out so there are no harsh lines.  On the outer corner and up to mid crease, to intensify the look, I used Urban Decay Darkhorse.  I applied Urban Decay Naked on the inner brow bone and blended it with Smog.  Then, under the brow, I used Urban Decay Virgin.  For highlight under the highest point of the brow, I used Urban Decay Sin.  I used on the lower inner 1/3 lash line Urban Decay Eldorado, and on the outer 2/3 lash line and waterline Urban Decay Lucky and blended those out and together.  The upper lash line was defined using Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil in Tiramisu.  I coated both the upper and lower lashes with BareMinerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara.


Under my eyes, I applied Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer in shade 5.  Instead of my regular foundation, I opted for a more natural look by using Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer in Medium all over the face.  I set this with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  I used MAC Ripe For Love Powder Blush (satin)on my cheeks.  Then, I applied MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze to the hollows of my cheeks.  On my lips, I used MAC Hot Spell Lipglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.