Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Jessica's Tips and Tricks #1 Cream Products 7/16/13

I wanted to start doing posts about makeup application and beauty essentials.  Everyone has their way of doing their makeup.  There are many ideas on what is correct and sanitary and what works and doesn't work.  So, I will, from time to time, show you how I work on myself.  Maybe my habits will inspire your habits.

This one is about moisturizers, foundations and basically any type of cream product you apply to your entire face.  I have seen many people apply their cream products by squeezing the tube into their hand.  Then, they rub their hands together and smear that all over their face.  For me, that just makes me cringe.  I am one of those people who constantly washes her hands.  I probably wash my hands at least 50 to 100 times a day.  I know it's a lot, huh?  So, when I see someone smearing a cream product on their face, I wonder if their hands are clean.  I, personally, wouldn't want any dirt or crud on my hands to be mixed in with product and worn all day.  Aside from that, I also like to make the most of my products, meaning I like to use any and all product I purchase and have as little waste as possible.  So, when I buy a facial moisturizer, I want that product to be used on my face and neck area.  By rubbing the product in my hands first, I am using the majority of that product on my hands and not my face.  I prefer to keep my face products for my face and body products for my body.  That being said, what I do for moisturizer is apply some product to the very tips of my fingers, usually my ring finger, as that is usually a tad softer than my index finger.  Then, I place five dots of product on my face.  These dots serve as the places from which I will spread the product.  I place dots on the forehead, nose, chin and each cheek.  So, when I spread the product, I start at the top and work my way down in the order I applied the dots.  Whatever I have left over, I apply to my neck.  This insures that the product isn't being absorbed in my hand and I know exactly how much is on my skin.  I use this technique for primer and almost the exact same thing with my foundation.  The only difference is that I apply the foundation to a brush and don't use my fingers.  I suppose I could apply the moisturizer with a brush, too.  However, I haven't designated a brush for that use just yet.  There you have it.  That is how I apply product to my entire face.  If you have any questions, feel free to comment or send me an e-mail.  Thanks for reading and I hope someone is able to use this information in their routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.