Friday, December 26, 2014

Golden Mint Nails & Review 12/25/14

Hi guys!  I wanted you guys to see this combination I created and let you know some of my thoughts on the products I used.

The OPI Damone Roberts 1968 is a pale mint green shade that applies smooth.  It has a thin consistency which means it takes at least two coats for a more opaque color coverage.  You do have to be careful about how precise your application is because any imperfection in application will be noticeable on the nails themselves with regard to color opacity.  It dries relatively quickly compared to other polishes I have tried which is a plus.  I will be updating this part with wear time and recommendations when I have completed the trial.

Sadly, I will be returning the Golden Shock Topcoat, a clear polish with gold flakes.  I was pretty disappointed in the overall look and performance of the actual gold flakes in the polish.  The flakes do not lay flat on the nails and tend to come off.  Also, some of the flakes that stay split so you see gold and silver flakes on the nails instead of only gold.  The clear polish aspect seems to be okay but I will update this as well if there is anything noteworthy.  It did apply smoothly with the exception of the flakes.  The flakes had to be lifted onto the brush and weren't always present.  So, if you wanted the flakes on the nails you had to make an effort.  Overall, I do not recommend this product.  It is not worth $28.  For that price, I expect an exceptional product and this product was lacking in my opinion.

Formula X Base Coat
OPI Damone Roberts 1968
Christian Dior Diorific Vernis in Golden Shock Gold Leaf Effect Topcoat

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Looks absolutely gorgeous on you. Just gorgeous. Oh and the ring is beautiful also. lol Seriously you are rockin it! You go gurl. The gold flakes look cool. Keep it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! First, thanks so much for your kind words!! You have no idea how much they mean to me. I always worry about posting pics with my ring because diamonds don't photograph well. You really think I should keep the gold flakes? I do love the color of the Damone Roberts polish. I don't have anything like it in my collection. Thanks for recommending it to me! I wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for you. Thanks for all the love and support. I don't take it for granted. :)
      --Jessica

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.