Saturday, September 13, 2014

Sprinkled: Nails Of The Day 9/12/14

Hi everyone!  When the Formula X For Sephora line of polishes came out, I was told they were fantastic and that I needed to look into them.  Today, I did just that.  When I first started applying the color, I was worried that the brush was a little too thin for my nails, as it only picks up a certain amount of polish and you have to re-dip for every nail, creating an uneven effect.  So, I decided to change my application method.  Instead of wiping off one side of the brush, I opted against it and went straight from the bottle to the nail.  That little change made all the difference in the world.   I was able to get just the right amount of product and evenly distribute it on the nail before it began to dry.  This polish dried so fast!  I was completely amazed and shocked at the same time.  These polishes are awesome and I am so pleased with them.  Bionic, which is described as "lime/black confetti" on the Sephora website, applied so much better than I thought it would.  There are certain shades that you have to distribute the product on your nail yourself because it gets stuck on the bottle, brush or doesn't distribute evenly on the nail.  Not this formula.  As soon as I did just one nail, I was so impressed.  The only thing I had to be a little watchful over was the larger pieces that would end up at the end of the nail.  I moved them to try and discourage them from coming off and leaving empty spaces.  For the most part, I am in love with this look, the combination of the color and the effect, and the way I feel while they're on my nails.  The combination makes me feel very modern and adventurous.  I will update this post with the wear time I experienced with these polishes.  I took a picture of At Your Own Risk, which is described as "electric magenta" on the Sephora website, for those who would be interested in seeing how this looks on its own.  I am not at all disappointed with the set.  It is available for purchase at Sephora.  The following is what I used for this nail look:

Zoya Anchor Basecoat
Formula X The Two - Summer limited edition set
Formula X For Sephora in At Your Own Risk Neon Nail Color topped with Bionic Effects Top Coat on both hands

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Jess this looks so beautiful on you and your nails are gorgeous. Looking forward to more manicures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Tina,
      Coming from you, the Perfect Nail Queen, that means a lot! Thanks so much! You made my day.

      Delete

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.