Thursday, August 8, 2013

Somewhere Between Sky Blue and Dark Teal Look 8/7/13

Hello everyone!  This look is, of course, using my blouse as inspiration for the colors I chose.  When it's right in front of you, the shirt is a light teal color.  This is what I used to achieve the look.

I filled in my brows with Rich Brown from the Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder Duet compact.  I applied moisturizer and primer all over the face and allowed each time to set.  I applied MAC Cork eye shadow (satin) on the brow bone area with a fluffy blending brush and really blended it out, making sure there are no harsh lines.  I used a shader brush to apply MAC Shimmermoss eye shadow (veluxe pearl) to the eye lid and the lower lash line.  To add more depth to the eye, I applied MAC Plumage eye shadow (matte) using a blending brush to the outer lower lash line and outer corner and swept it up to the mid-brow bone area.  This particular color can go on really harshly if you're not careful with it.  On the upper lash line, I applied Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Loaded.  On both the upper and lower lashes, I used Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.


I opted against using my regular foundation and used Stila Sheer Color Tinted Moisturizer in Medium in its place.  I set the cream with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  I applied MAC Royal Sunset Powder Blush (satin) to my cheeks and MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze under my cheeks.  I filled in my lips with NYX Natural Lipliner Pencil, which is really close to my natural lip color, only better, and applied MAC A Perfect Day lipstick (amplified).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.