Saturday, August 31, 2013

Purple People Look 8/31/13

Hello everyone!  Today's look went back to bold colors, but still is very wearable.  I wanted to quickly mention that Sugarpill 2 AM Pressed Eyeshadow and Poison Plum and very similar. It's pretty difficult to tell these two apart on my skin.  Here's what I used to create this look...

I started by filling in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Brunette.  I applied both MAC Mineralize Charged Water Moisture Gel and MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance to my face and gave each time to set.  I used Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Tawny as a base for my eye makeup. I used, from the Shiseido Luminizing Satin Eye Color Trio in YE406, the yellow shade on the brow bone area to the crease, and the pink shade on the inner eye lid.  I used Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in 2AM on the middle of the eye lid.  I used Sugarpill Poison Plum Pressed Eyeshadow on the outer corner and swept it up to the mid brow bone.  I used Sugarpill Soot & Stars Pressed Eyeshadow, a really pretty sparkly shade, on the outer eye lid and upper lash line.  (Be advised: Soot & Stars has some pretty serious fallout when you apply it.  Your best bet is to apply foundation after you finish your eyes if you use this.  You could, also, try to lightly mist your brush with Fix+ and see if that helps.  I will probably try that next time I use this shadow.  Since it was my 1st time working with it, I prefer to just use it as is before I start altering how I apply it.  You can use a sticky base, such as NYX Jumbo Pencil, as well.)  I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin) under my brows.  I applied NYX Acid Green Eye/Eyebrow Pencil on the lower lash line.  Lastly, I coated my lashes with Benefit They're Real Beyond Mascara.

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com



blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com


Using a foundation brush, I applied Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in shade 127 to my face.  To brighten under my eyes and on the nose crease, I used, from the MAC Pro Conceal And Correct Palette in Medium, shade NW25. I set these products with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark. I swept MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze on the hollows of my cheeks.  I used Elizabeth Arden Cheekcolor in Sugar Plum on my cheeks.  On my lips, I used NYX Mauve Lipliner Pencil and NYX Glam Lipstick Aqua Luxe in Pink Jewel.  Last but not least, I sprayed a light mist of MAC Fix+ to set everything.

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.