Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Chemistry In Action Look 8/27/13

Hi everyone!  Today's look showcased some of the new Sugarpill eyeshadows and one of the new MAC eye shadows, as well.  I will say working with the Sugarpill eyeshadows was a little bit of a challenge today.  Every time I tried to blend them out, they would disappear.  So, it was kind of like working with a matte eyeshadow, even though it was a shimmery shade.  The same thing also happened with lining my lower lash line, as well.  Every time I tried to blend it out, it would just disappear.  I don't know if today just wasn't my day or what.  Either way, I wasn't about to give up on a product or a look.  So, I persisted and made it work for me.

Also, I do have a positive comment on the Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara.  I tried it today without curling my lashes.  I did see a noticeable curl in them after applying the mascara.  Usually, I curl my lashes using the Shu Uemura eye lash curler prior to applying eye shadow.  I was really happy that after all the work to distribute the mascara through the lashes, I was able to skip a step by using this product.  All in all, the product does require some work to use.  So, if you have plenty of time to really get in there, it's a decent product.  However, if you need to quickly apply and run, you may want to skip this mascara.  With all that said, on to the look...

I applied Sephora Age Defy Moisture Cream SPF 15 Sunscreen and MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance all over my face and allowed each time to set.  I filled in my brows using Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Brunette.  Using a shading brush, I applied, NARS Thebes duo cream eye shadow, the silvery shade from the eye lid to the crease.  I took Sugarpill Diamond Eyes eye shadow from the Cold Chemistry Collection and packed it on the inner eye lid.  Next, I applied MAC Sex & The Oyster eye shadow (veluxe pearl) on the remaining eye lid.  On the outer corner, I used Sugarpill Elemental Chaos eyeshadow.  I blended it out and reapplied as necessary.  Next, I used MAC Leisuretime eye shadow (veluxe pearl) on the inner brow bone.  MAC Brule eye shadow was used under the brow and to blend.  I used both Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils in Gunmetal and Ransom on the lower lash line.  I applied NYX Studio Liquid Liner in Extreme Purple on the upper lash line.  I coated both upper and lower lashes with Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Extra Black Mascara.

Although not shown in the photos, I used the following products for the rest of my face:
Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Foundation Powder
MAC Pink Cult Powder Blush (matte)
NYX Peekaboo Neutral Lipliner Pencil
MAC Fresh Air Lipglass

blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com



blenditout.blogspot.com
 blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.