Thursday, August 15, 2013

Burning Heat Look 8/15/13

Hi everyone!  Today's look is bold and sassy.  The scorching heat where I live makes you feel like you are walking through a furnace.  Yikes!  Here's to looking forward to winter and to hoping we get some cold weather.

By the way, I really love the Tarte Achiote products, especially the lip ones.  The blush blends and builds very easily.  They all look very natural on.  The lip products go on super smooth and don't feel heavy, sticky or uncomfortable in any way.  I will definitely be adding more Tarte products to my collection.

I began by filling in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz pencil in Brunette.  Next, I applied MAC Mineralize Charged Water Face And Body Lotion and MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance to my entire face.  On my eye area, I applied NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base to help prevent my shadows from creasing and extend wear time.  Starting on crease and blending upward as well as on the outer corner, I applied Sugarpill Love+ Pressed Eyeshadow.  On top of the brow bone area, I applied Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Buttercupcake, blending it into Love+.  Under the brow, I used NARS Biarritz eye shadow.  On the inner eyelid, I packed on Sugarpill Buttercupcake Pressed Eyeshadow.  On the middle eyelid, I applied Sugarpill Flamepoint Pressed Eyeshadow.  Remember to blend each color slightly into the other so there are no harsh lines.  To define, I used Sephora Waterproof Contour Eye Pencil in Cocoa on both the upper and lower lashlines.  Lastly, I coated my upper and lower lashes generously with Benefit Beyond Mascara in They're Real.


Using a foundation brush, I applied Dior Forever Flawless Perfection Wear Makeup in Sable/Sand 031 and set this with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  On my cheeks, I used Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Achiote.  I filled in my lips with NYX Natural Lipliner Pencil.  I topped this with Tarte Achiote LipSurgence Lip Luster and Tarte Achiote Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.