Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Bright Summertime Look 8/6/13

Hi guys!  Today I continued using my Sugarpill eye shadows.  I really love them.  They are super bright and pigmented.  The two things that I am not 100% sold on are #1) Bulletproof isn't as black as I imagined it would be -- It's like a soft black or dark gray when applied.  It's not very true to pan.  I haven't taken the time to really pack it on, though.  I think that if the shade is black, I shouldn't have to pack it on so heavily to really get the shade it's supposed to be.  Maybe because of all the hype associated with the products, I had exceptionally high expectations.  I thought it would be like the other colors where a little product would pack such a punch.  I truly believed it was going to be better than MAC Carbon eye shadow.  From what I have used of it, it's not better.  I'm going to continue to try and work with it before I give it my official thumbs up or down.  However, it is really soft when applied.  MAC Carbon is more on the drier side and isn't soft to apply.  I would prefer it to be both soft and highly pigmented.  #2) Poison Plum tends to show pores or something when applied on the brow bone area.  (See pictures below.)  I don't know if this is normal or what this means yet.  I will have to use it more to check if it consistently does this.  I will say it is very pigmented, as I expected.  But I am just not sure about the way it settles on the skin.  I will be doing an updated review of the products when I get a better feel for how they work.

In the meantime, this is what I used to create today's look...

Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder in Mocha
Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat to the entire eye area
Sugarpill Dollipop eye shadow inner 1/2 eye lid
Sugarpill 2AM eye shadow outer 1/2 eye lid
Inner brow bone Sugarpill Flamepoint eye shadow
Outer corner to outer 1/2 browbone Sugarpill Poison Plum eye shadow
Over browbone to blend MAC Outré eye shadow (matte)
Under brow MAC Brule eye shadow (satin)
Upper lashline Loreal Lineur Intense in Black
Lower lashline Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Crash
BareMinerals Lash Domination mascara
For reference, I used Loreal Limited Edition True Match Super Blendable Blush in Sculpted Rose and MAC Lipglass in Fresh Air

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.