Saturday, July 27, 2013

Smokin' Neutrals Look 7/27/13

Hi guys!  Have you ever had one of those days where you think you are going to do a particular look and while you're applying your makeup, you go off into a tangent?  Well, that's what happened today with this look.  I started my makeup thinking I was going to do a very simple natural look.  Then, I just couldn't help myself and started just playing with my makeup.  I have to say it was really enjoyable to play, create and just go with it.  I really like this smoky look and it went well with my blouse.  All in all, it was a good makeup day.  This is what I did to pull it together.

I started the same way I always do, by filling in my brows with Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder Duet in Rich Brown.  I followed by applying Philosophy Time In A Bottle to the entire face, except the eyes.  Then, I applied Hampton Sun SPF 15 Super Hydrating Face Cream and Lancôme La Base Pro and allowed both time to set.  I took MAC Blanc Type eye shadow (matte2) and applied it on the inner 1/2 of the eye lid.  Next, I applied MAC Print eye shadow (satin) along the outer 1/2 of my lash line and going out and up towards the brow bone.  I proceeded to flick the product towards the center of the eye lid.  This is the base of the smoky look.  I grabbed MAC Cork eye shadow (satin) and MAC Cross-Cultural eye shadow (matte).  Using a fluffy blending brush, I picked up both on the same brush and applied that combination to the outer 1/2 of the eye lid on top of the Print and moving inward towards the center of the lid.  Once I achieved the desired intensity, I took MAC Carbon eye shadow (matte) and deepened the area where I initially applied Print, flicking it inwards as before.  I applied Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion to a smudger brush and applied that to the upper lash line.  Once I smudged it out, I took the same pencil and applied it directly to the eye lid and the lower water line.  Then, I took MAC Cross-Cultural eye shadow and MAC Embark eye shadow (matte), and smudged that on the lower lash line, one at a time.  On both upper and lower lashes, I applied Bare Minerals Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara.


Moving on to the rest of the face, I applied MAC Matchmaster Foundation in shade 3.0.  I took MAC Pro Conceal And Correct Palette in Medium shade NC30 and applied that under my eyes.  I set the cream products with MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.   On the hollows of my cheeks, I applied NYX Tango With Bronzing Powder in Tribal Odysssey.  I used NYX Mosaic Powder in Dare on my cheeks.  Then, over that, I applied MAC Ripe For Love Powder Blush (satin) and really blended the two shades together.  On my lips, I used MAC Cream O' Spice Cremestick Liner and MAC Spice Is Nice lipstick (cremesheen).  Last, but not least, I applied Ardell Fashion Lashes #109 to my upper lash line to complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.