Thursday, July 25, 2013

Golden Smoky Look 7/25/13

Hi guys!  In keeping with the makeup look request, I decided to do a deeper, darker version of the golden smoky look.  This is definitely a more evening appropriate look.

I wanted to note that I decided to give my look at little more of a twist.  This is the absolute very 1st time I have worn false eye lashes.  I have to say I really love the way they look.  However, because this was my first time, I realize I may need to practice the application more to really get the hang of it.  Considering everything, though, I think I did a good job.  I am looking forward to working with lashes more frequently. They do enhance the overall look.

As usual, I began by filling in my eye brows with Merle Norman Eye Brow Powder Duet in Rich Brown.  I applied Hampton Sun SPF 15 Super Hydrating Face Cream and Lancôme La Base Pro all over my face and allowed each time to set.  I packed on the eye lid MAC Carbon eye shadow (matte).  From the crease to the brow bone, I applied MAC Embark eye shadow (matte).  On the brow bone, I used MAC Cork eye shadow (satin).  On the crease, I applied MAC Cross-Cultural eye shadow (matte) to help blend out the colors.  From the eye lid to the brow bone, I blended NARS Silent Night eye shadow over the other colors. Under the brow, I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin).  To define and enhance the upper lash line, I applied Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion.  On the lower lash line, I used Sephora Waterproof Retractable Eyeliner in Matte Black.  Right on top of the lower lashes, I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Eldorado and blended that into the black.  I used Make Up For Ever's Smoky Extravagant mascara on both upper and lower lashes.  Lastly, I applied Ardell Fashion Lashes #109 to the upper lash line.


For the rest of my face, I applied MAC Matchmaster Foundation in 3.0 and MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Medium Dark.  I used MAC Bronzing Powder in Bronze on the hollows of my cheeks.  I applied MAC Pink Cult powder blush (matte) to my cheeks.  As a highlight, I applied MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade to the tops of my cheek bones and the inner corner of my eyes.  On my lips, I used NYX Peekaboo Neutral lip liner pencil all over and MAC Pillow Talk lipstick (cremesheen).  I opted against a bold lip so as to keep the focus on the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.