Sunday, June 5, 2016

Becca Cosmetics X Jaclyn Hill Collaboration First Impressions 6/5/16

Hi guys!  This post is all about the Champagne Pop collaboration products I ordered from Sephora as soon as they were released.  I ordered the Face Palette and the Eyeshadow Palette.  The original Champagne Pop I already had in my collection and I loved it so much I purchased a backup.  There were other products in the line that were made permanent.  They were the Poured and Liquid versions of Champagne Pop, which both add a more subtle glow than the original pressed version.

The description for the Face Palette from the Sephora website is as follows:

What it is:
A limited-edition, iconic face palette, featuring five shades of highlighter and blush—in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill, creator of the original Champagne Pop.

What it does:
This palette gives you all the glow you could want—all in one place. This limited-edition, covetable BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette features five shades of highlighter and blush to illuminate all skintones, allowing you to customize your looks. Get the iconic Champagne Pop and new shades designed by Jaclyn Hill. It includes two Highlighter shades, two Mineral Blush shades, and a Luminous Blush hue in Rosé Spritz for a pop of color. Mix and match the shades to create endless layers of light and color for your perfect, custom glow. Just sweep the creamy powders across the face, or layer them to highlight your favorite features with universally flattering shades. This palette is perfect for achieving your own, glowing look.

This palette contains:
- 2 x 0.19 oz Shimmering Skin Perfector™ Pressed highlighter shades in Champagne Pop (soft white gold with pinky peach undertones), Prosecco Pop (medium warm gold)
- 2 x 0.12 oz Mineral Blush in Amaretto (matte toasted almond), Pamplemousse (matte warm coral pink)
- 0.10 oz Luminous Blush in Rosé Spritz (soft peachy pink with pale gold shimmer)

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
The Highlighter in the Prosecco Pop shade is inspired by liquid gold.

My thoughts:  If you are going to try and grab either one of these two items, I would vote for this one.  The value ($136.00) of the palette alone is phenomenal.  The highlighters are only 0.09 oz away from being full-sized, so you are getting a great amount of product for the price.  Nearly each color is quite pigmented, especially the highlighters.  Prosecco Pop is quite beautiful applied and shimmery.  I felt the Champagne Pop in the palette is slightly more glittery than the original one.  Together, they are stunning and the shimmer factor is balanced.  As far as the blush shades are concerned, the only shade I'm not particularly fond of is Amaretto.  It doesn't show up on my skin and considering the color, I should be able to see it.  I may have to really pile it on to get it to work but I haven't gone to those extremes yet.  Pamplemousse is a beautiful shade and I feel it will certainly and easily work great on a wide variety of skin tones.  Rose Spritz is really sparkly.  I don't feel the need to use a highlighter if I'm wearing that shade as I fear it may be too much sparkle in that region of the face for my taste.  The packaging is amazing: classy and elegant.  The mirror is fantastic.  Overall, the layout of the powders is great and I have no regrets about purchasing this item.  It is limited edition and it will be released again June 16th in stores and online.  It will not be made permanent, as per both Becca Cosmetics and Jaclyn Hill.  So, once it's gone, it's gone.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


The description for the Eyeshadow Palette from the Sephora website is as follows:

What it is:
A must-have palette with five limited-edition, warm neutral eye shadows—including the exclusive Champagne Toast shade, created by Jaclyn Hill.

What it does:
This versatile palette of lustrous and matte shades allows you to enhance the eyes with layers of light and rich blendable colors to express, define, and transition your eyes from day to night so your features catch the perfect light. Create a variety of looks with shimmering shades that add depth and matte shades that provide pigment-rich tones. Wear each shade alone or layer them to achieve embellished eye looks that are stunning on every skintone.

This palette contains:
- 5 x 0.06 oz Eye Shades in Chardonnay (sheer gold with flashes of pink and soft yellow), Champagne Toast (reflective peach with a dash of cinnamon), Cordial (matte rose with warm undertones), Cognac (flattering matte coffee), Bordeaux (rich matte wine with chocolate undertones)

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

My thoughts:  Champagne Toast was the shade created by Jaclyn Hill and the other colors were created by Becca Cosmetics.  I was not particularly impressed with this palette.  The two highlighter shades are great: highly pigmented and sparkly, especially when applied damp.  The other three shades swatch beautifully but have to really be built up to be opaque.  That can be good or bad and really depends on how you look at it.  For me, that means I have to use more product and do more work to get the color I see in the pan.  Some may like the shades to come off as light but it's just not my preference.  Please see the pictures below of it applied to see what I mean.  I used the entire palette alone to create that look.  I will have to see how the other shades apply damp and hope that makes the color more intense without changing blendability.  I will be trying this over other primers (I used Nars Cosmetics Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base) and bases to see if any changes affect the color payoff.  The packaging is quite gorgeous and functional, although the reflective finish makes it challenging to photograph.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


If there is any more to add, I will post that information on this page at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.