Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Review: Algenist Beauty 04/20/16

Hi friends!  This post is something that I have been working on for months.  What I mean is I have been using Algenist for months, really trying out the products before I write about my findings.  I have been using Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream and Complete Eye Renewal Balm and have included it here in many posts.  First, I'm going to share what is listed on the Sephora website and then I will get into my thoughts.

Complete Eye Renewal Balm: $65.00 for 0.5 oz.
"What it is:
A balm for the eye area with the exclusive antiaging ingredient Alguronic Acid.

What it is formulated to do:
This rich yet lightweight balm hydrates and soothes the eye area to decrease puffiness and dark circles. The revolutionary microalgae-based ingredient Alguronic Acid fights visible signs of aging. It joins complementary active ingredients to deliver the appearance of renewal to the eye area.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
While pursuing renewable energy solutions, a biotechnology laboratory in San Francisco unexpectedly discovered the powerful properties of Alguronic Acid, the bioactive compound available only in Algenist products."



My thoughts:  I love this product!  I have other eye creams and keep reaching for this one.  I use the tiniest bit and just tap it over the eye area.  My skin is left moisturized and smooth, not greasy.  My skin absorbs the product without issue, every single time.  It gives me no issue when topped with a primer and/or a base.  As far as the anti-aging qualities, I can personally vouch for them.  I had noticed some signs of aging and will always encourage prevention over correction.  In the end, it's part of life and we have to roll with the punches, so-to-speak, and a certain amount of acceptance is required.  Right?  Well, with this, I find myself questioning whether I must accept it.  I have seen my skin is visibly firmer and the lines around my eyes are significantly minimized or just plain gone.  With all I have tried, this really works!  I like that I feel a slight cooling sensation when I tap it on, almost helps me wake up.  Most days I'm running on fumes in the sleep department and since I have been using this, I look forward to applying this.  I encourage you to pick up a sample to try so you will know if you have any type of allergy or reaction before you invest in purchasing the full size.  Overall, I do recommend this product because it did work for me.

Firming & Lifting Cream: $94.00 for 2 oz
"What it is:
An ultra-firming and restructuring cream that tightens and lifts while reinforcing skin structure. 

What it is formulated to do: 
This cream leverages the power of Alguronic Acid and ProPeptide3. Brought together in a never-before-seen antiaging complex, these ingredients support production of skin's key structural proteins: elastin, collagen, and proteoglycans. As it supports skin's structural strengtheners, this advanced formula redefines the appearance of facial contours, leaving skin looking smooth, sculpted, and lifted. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT: 
- Parabens 
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know: 
This cream also contains avocado oil, phytosterols, and olive fruit oil to moisturize and nourish the skin. It is dermatologist tested, ophthalmologist tested, for all skin types, hypoallergenic, non-irritating, noncomedogenic, and not tested on animals."


My thoughts:  I love this product, too!  Same story here, I find myself reaching for this over other face creams I have.  I have sensitive skin and it does get easily irritated.  It took my a while to get the courage to try it just for fear of a reaction.  Once I tried it, I couldn't put it down.  My skin does absorb it and it doesn't make my skin oily or greasy.  It is moisturized and I haven't seen a single dry flaky area since I started using this.  My skin is kind of quirky.  Some days it will be oily, others it will be normal, sometimes combination and some so dry that it peels.  I would much rather have some oil than dry patches in the end.  With this, I haven't had any issues.  My skin has remained consistently even and smooth.  Plus, the major thing is I've noticed my skin is firmer and the lines I had aren't visible or as noticeable as I felt they once were.  I've never used anything so far that has made my skin appear more youthful and balanced.  For reference, I apply this to both my face and neck.  I do have the same recommendation as with the other product: get a sample to try to make sure you aren't allergic or will have any reactions to it before you make the investment.  All in all, I do recommend this product.

I am really happy I finally sat down to present my thoughts to you all.  They both are made using quality ingredients and they don't use (potentially) harmful ingredients that I have seen in other brands. I am very happy with these products and I would love to hear from you.  Have you tried these? How did they work for you?  Let me know in the comments below, or feel free to message me on Twitter (@Blenditout) and Instagram (@JustBlendItOut).

**Quotes and product photos are taken directly from the Sephora website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.