Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fools Gold Look 10/19/14

Hi guys!  I continued my experience with Makeup Geek eye shadows with this look.  So far, they are definitely not like any eye shadows I own.  I do find myself having to be very careful in how I use these because when I layer different colors, they tend to over-power the color that was initially applied.  In my quest to learn more about my new Makeup Geek shadows, I will be posting a variety of looks and combinations.  However, I will say that do to the extra effort needed to work with these products, I don't find myself reaching for them as often as I could.  For today's look, I used the following products in this order:

I began by applying Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer to my brows followed by Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Medium Brown.  Next, I patted Merle Norman Gentle Solutions Eye Cream all over the eyes and allowed this to absorb.  I lightly pressed Guerlain Orchidee Imperiale Exceptional Complete Care The Cream as well as Guerlain L'or Radiance Concentrate With Pure Gold onto my face.  Using my finger, I applied Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion on the eye area and lower lash line.  Using a large blending brush, I applied Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear eye shadow to the crease, brow bone and outer lower lash line.  Then, I used MAC Brule eye shadow (satin) under the brows.  I used a flat shading brush to smooth Makeup Geek Gold Digger eye shadow on the eye lid and inner lower lash line.  Using a small blending brush, I placed Makeup Geek Bada Bing eye shadow on the outer eyelid.  Makeup Geek Corrupt eye shadow was blended out on the outer corner and upper lash line using a small blending brush.  I coated my lashes with Chanel LE Volume De Chanel Mascara.  (By the way, this mascara is absolutely fabulous!  It was love at first swipe, literally.  I really loved the finished result, and it was accomplished with very little effort on my part.  I definitely encourage you to try this out.  It is on my to buy list because it is incredible.)

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com


I used a round foundation brush to apply Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation in shade N127 to the rest of my face, as this gave plenty of time for the moisturizer and primer to set.  I applied Make Up For Ever Full Cover in shade 5 under the eyes and on the nose crease.  Next, I dusted Merle Norman Ultra Golden Ultra Powder Foundation.  (This can be used alone or in combination with other liquid foundations.  Today, I wanted to experiment with coverage and compatibility and wasn't disappointed.)  Make Up For Ever Mat Bronze in Shade 20 was applied to the hollows of the cheeks, forehead and jawline.  For a healthy glow, I used the shade Mood Exposure and topped it with Incandescent Electra from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette to my cheeks.  Both MAC Beurre Cremestick Liner and Just A Bite lipstick (satin) were used on the lips.  Lastly, I set the makeup with Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray.

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

blenditout.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. In an effort to keep my blog positive, I will be moderating any and all messages and deleting outright rude, distateful comments and any comments meant solely for self-promotion.